Contact Strickler Excavating
Now Accepting Applications for Spring 2019 Job Openings
Click "Apply Now" to fill out our online form, or stop by our office to pick-up a print version.
Salesperson, Estimator, Project Manager:
- Looking for a self- motivated individual who can work independently, add to our client list, complete proposals, and read blueprints/specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable on how much materials, labor, and time are needed to complete a project.
- Has the capability of producing a cost analysis for an entire project.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Salary based on experience.
Sealcoating, Line Striping and Crew Leader:
- Looking for a Crew Leader with experience in sealcoating and line striping.
- This person should be able to work well with others, train crew members, and complete scheduled jobs on a timely basis.
- Excellent record keeping skills are a necessity for keeping projects organized and balancing the inventory of materials.
- Crew Leader should be familiar with current industry standards.
Sealcoating Crew Members:
- Responsible individuals that have some experience in sealcoating (once hired additional training is provided).
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Works well with other crew members and takes directions from Crew Leader.
- Follows through to the end of every project.
- This is a customer-based position and the right candidates must always be courteous.
Walk Behind Saw Crew :
- Able to operate a saw that cuts through asphalt roadways (can be during high traffic).
- Knows how to measure and transfer all information onto spreadsheets.
- Can work with another crew person independently and cooperatively.
- Follows all safety requirements and identifies all roadway markings.
- Proactive in setting up a plan for the following days traffic personnel.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a backhoe in the execution of paving, excavation, and material handling work.
- Must be able to operate machinery within close confines of urban and residential areas with precision and minimal disturbance to the surrounding areas above and below the ground.
- Required to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- When not operating a backhoe will be required to assist with various other tasks to execute the successful completion of the job.
- A CDL license or proven progression towards a CDL is a plus.
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate essential personnel on-site for the project.
- Plan, direct and budget activities concerned with paving projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Asphalt paver operators are responsible for operating asphalt pavers on streets, which is complex machinery that lays asphalt over specific areas. They may also coordinate which areas will have asphalt by analyzing drawings or project requirements.
- Operators should be organized and pay close attention to detail to minimize wasted asphalt, and must follow strict safety protocols when operating pavers to avoid accidents with coworkers or the public. Paver operators control the asphalt distribution and width, and assist with material control into the paver. They must understand terminologies such as compaction, patterns, and other preparatory tasks, and report their progress to the foreman and superintendent.
- Should work well in a team environment with other employees and street repair workers, but also on their own with minimal supervision.