Contact Strickler Excavating
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a backhoe in the execution of paving, excavation, and material handling work.
- Must be able to operate machinery within close confines of urban and residential areas with precision and minimal disturbance to the surrounding areas above and below the ground.
- Required to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- When not operating a backhoe will be required to assist with various other tasks to execute the successful completion of the job.
- A CDL license or proven progression towards a CDL is a plus.
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate essential personnel on-site for the project.
- Plan, direct and budget activities concerned with paving projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Asphalt paver operators are responsible for operating asphalt pavers on streets, which is complex machinery that lays asphalt over specific areas. They may also coordinate which areas will have asphalt by analyzing drawings or project requirements.
- Operators should be organized and pay close attention to detail to minimize wasted asphalt, and must follow strict safety protocols when operating pavers to avoid accidents with coworkers or the public. Paver operators control the asphalt distribution and width, and assist with material control into the paver. They must understand terminologies such as compaction, patterns, and other preparatory tasks, and report their progress to the foreman and superintendent.
- Should work well in a team environment with other employees and street repair workers, but also on their own with minimal supervision.